Public Safety Professional
Mark Reid, Brief History
Patrol Sergeant at Atlantic Beach Police Department
April 2015 – Present
Patrol Sergeant, ABPD provides a highly visible proactive law enforcement presence in assigned area to help deter criminal activity and violations of North Carolina state statutes and act promptly to address unacceptable and inappropriate behavior.
Master Police Officer at East Carolina University
February 2009 – March 2015
Field Training Officer, responsible for training and evaluating probationary police officers on the business processes of the department and familiarizing them with departmental policies, procedures and local laws so that they are prepared for solo patrol duty. Master Police Officer, in this supervisory role, responsibilities include communicating orders and other pertinent information to subordinate officers and employees, maintaining a shift assignment record, and conducting shift briefings.
Clinical Tech, Advance at Orlando Health
March 2008 – September 2008
Worked under the supervision of the attending doctor and/or registered nurse in a level one trauma center. Duties included patient care within a defined scope of practice appropriate to patient age, mobility and acuity. Regular assignments included obtaining blood specimens, patient observation, administering specified treatments and procedures, and performing and documenting EKG procedures.
Previous IT Experience
· Freelance Web Developer & Technical Support – (15yrs, 6mos), Part Time & Concurrent with my other jobs
· Tier 2/Help Desk IT position – ViaTech, LLC (3yrs)
· Microcomputer Specialist – New Hanover Regional Medical Center (2yrs, 2mos)
· Contract Computer Help Desk Technician – BDM Federal (7mos)
Previous Management Experience
· Operations Manager – Egghead Software (1yr, 5mos), both full & part time
· General Manger – Jiffy Lube (1yr, 3mos)
· Frozen Food & Dairy Manager – Parkers Food Store (1 yr, 6mos)
Previous Law Enforcement Experience
Coconut Creek Public Safety Department, Detective (4yrs, 6 months)
Wilmington Police Department, Police Officer II (5 yrs)
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
Bachelor’s degree, Sociology / Criminal Justice, December 1987
- Computer Skills
Bachelors Degree at University of North Carolina at Wilmington
Oops! We could not locate your form.